7.09.2009

Week 5 Day 2

I have been using a WAUN or RULK (walk/run run/walk) interval training by Podrunner.com for their couch to 5K series. Today's run was basically two 8 minute runs with a short walk in between. I didn't get all the way through the last 8 minute run without walking, which is totally annoying.

The last two times I've run, I feel super heavy even though the week before I felt awesome. According to my favorite trainer Chris Bartl this is called "the grind." The time when the excitement wears off of starting your new program and the plateau begins. I'm not losing as much weight as I am gaining muscle so my clothes are getting tighter. That's a fabulous feeling. When you are working out and you're clothes are getting tight. This is when I start thinking .. why am I doing this?

I'm doing this because I've paid for a marathon and I'm going to run it. And I'll finish it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment